Wednesday, August 1, 2018

August Facebook Challenge | Kelly Janes

Hey friends! Kelly here today to share a new layout and CHALLENGE with you!


The Cut Shoppe Design Team is going to be hosting monthly challenges in our FACEBOOK GROUP. I'm kicking things off with The Go Big or Go Home Challenge...AKA use a cut file in a big way on your project. It could be a large background, a large title, the more creative the better.

To enter this month's challenge you'll need to create a NEW project using at least one cut file from The Cut Shoppe (it can be a cut file from the Etsy Store or a freebie you've picked up on the blog). You have the entire month of August to enter. Once you've created your project you'll need to head to our Facebook Group and post your project in the August Challenge comments.

Now onto my project...



I love using cut files in a large way on my projects. They add so much interest to a background! Today I used the Full Circle Cut File and cut it at 10.5" in Cricut Design Space.


I added a wash of periwinkle blue acrylic paint before removing the cut file from the cutting mat. I love the semi circles on this cut file! It allows all of the fun designs on the background patterned paper to peek through. I added my photo and a scattering of embellishments going in a horizontal fashion across the cut file.



Now you can take a look at my YouTube Process Video.



Remember you have until 8 AM CST on August 31, 2018 to head to The Cut Shoppe Scrap Spot Facebook Group to enter this month's challenge. The winner will be drawn at random and receive 5 FREE CUT FILES of your choosing!


No comments:

Post a Comment