Sunday, August 19, 2018

"Memories" with Kira

Hello again friends!  It's Kira and I am back with another 8.5x11 scrapbook layout.  Here's a look at my page:



I started with this ADORABLE picture of my youngest son.  We were at the zoo and despite having a super fun time, he likes to give me all the sass he can muster for a photo.  I decided to play off the palm trees in the background of this photo and use the Summer Vibes cut file from The Cut Shoppe.



I started by duplicating the palm tree image so I had three on my page, and resized them to various sizes.  I also flipped one so they wouldn't all be leaning the same way.



Then I took some smooth watercolor paper, and lightly traced where my trees would be on the paper once I backed the cut file.  Then I used my watercolors to paint each tree a different color.  Since I planned on using mostly Amy Tangerine's Shine On collection, I kept my colors in the same palette of that.



Once my watercolor was dry, I adhered it to the back of my page.  Then I decided to add some texture to my layout by hand stitching around my palm trees in coordinating embroidery thread.




Then it was just a matter of embellishing the page!  Thanks so much for stopping by!



xo, Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment