Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Scrapbook Circle & The Cut Shoppe Team Up Day 2

Hey there, and Happy Tuesday!  Missy here, and I'm super excited about our fun Team Up with Scrapbook Circle this week!  I created two layouts using the "Have a Little Fun Today" June Kit.  It's full of gorgeous colors and patterns and fun travel elements.

I first scrapped a photo of me and two of my friends in Las Vegas.  I used three cut files:  A To The Z Alphas, Etc Etc Etc and Hip 2 B Square.

I used one as a background element, one as part of my title and the third as a large tag embellishment.  These cut files were perfect for my page and for this awesome kit!


I backed this awesome tag cut file with some of the Authentique patterned paper and added in a cute flair button from the kit.  I added some light brown ink to the tag because I cut it in white cardstock a few weeks ago...and I cut the background file especially for this page on cream colored cardstock.  So I had to make the tag match up...so ink came to my rescue :)


I really love these alphas...and I used a fun technique (one I had never tried before) to customize the color.  You can see how I did that in my process video below.  These cork stickers are awesome, and I loved how they look paired up with the cut file.


Here's one more look at some of the fun embellishments in the kit.  I really love the vellum!



Here are the cut files I used on this layout.


Here's a process video of this layout being put together from start to finish...hope you enjoy!


And here's the second page I created.  I wanted to focus on the embellishments, so I pulled out some white cardstock from my stash.  I used two more travel photos for this one.  I really wanted to use that awesome airplane, so that is what inspired this page.

I used two cut files...the Here There Everywhere and Write This Down.  I didn't use any patterned paper, but I did add some fun inking to the background.



I just love this airplane!  I backed some white cardstock behind it so its colors wouldn't be dulled by the paint in the background.  I also used pop dots to raise it up.  I love how it sort of helps to frame my cut file title.


I used some gelatos to give my other cut file some color.  All of these embellishments are in the June Kit, and they look cut matched up with any color scheme.


Here is a look at a few more of the awesome embellishments in the kit.  I love how they look layered and mixed with a little paint in the background.


Here are the cut files I used for this layout.


Don't you love how this kit and all these awesome cut files go so nicely together?  In addition to the team showing you some awesome inspiration here on the blog all week, we are giving away a June Kit from Scrapbook Circle!  Scrapbook Circle will also be giving away a $20 Gift Card to The Cut Shoppe on their blog, so be sure to stop by.  Do you know how many cut files you can buy with $20?!  A BUNCH! :D

The winner will be chosen from blog comments throughout the week, so don't forget to leave some love here and on the Scrapbook Circle blog.

Finally, in honor of the Team Up, The Cut Shoppe store is offering a 30% discount sale on all cut files!


Make sure you stock up between now and June 13th!  That's it for today...check back in tomorrow for some more awesome inspiration!

Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! I love all the layers on the first layout and how dynamic the second is. There's so much motion and such great embellishments/ephemera pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layouts and I must agree with you...the plane in the second LO is fab. Good idea to back it with white cardstock. Your marriage of embellishments with cut files is perfect. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy your layouts are so fabulous! Every time I look at them I see something else that I didn't see the first time! Looooove them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what stunning layouts!! The texture and layering is truly amazing. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These layouts are
    all so colorful and
    great designs using
    the cut files!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  6. lots of fun stuff on this page Missy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your work, Missy. There is so much to compliment your photos. Great use of the kit and the fun cut files.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bright, bold look! Great paint work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful as always!! Love your style and how you used so many cut files.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you used so many cut files!!

    ReplyDelete