Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Summer Lovin'

Hey there, friends!  Missy back with you today.  I'm sharing a layout full of Summer fun!  I used two different cut files for this page:  Picture Perfect and Let's Do Summer.  I just love scrapping pool photos, so I really had a great time putting this one together.

Here are the cut files I used:


Here is my layout.  I used the beautiful Simple Stories Summer Vibes collection.  I started by resizing the oval frame into more of a round circle shape.   I took a foam brush and some acrylic paint and made a messy circle on the white cardstock.  I wanted it to look like pool water, and it wound up matching the water in the photo perfectly.  I backed some of the open spots in the die cut with patterned paper and then stitched the frame down.  I cut the title on two separate pieces of patterned paper.  The rest is just layering and embellishing.


I also added some acrylic paint splatters...I love how bold they look.  I just watered down the paint a bit and splattered it from the brush.  I used some patterned paper and tissue paper under my photo and used several embellishments around this area.  I love how the die cut looks placed over the painted circle.


Here's another look at the stitched die cut, layers and journaling.


I really love how the paint looks behind the die cut.  I love that it looks a bit splotchy...it fits the pool theme.


And here's the Summer Lovin die cut...perfect for a title!


You can check out how I put this layout together if you're interested :)  Hope you enjoy!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Love this LO, Missy! Thanks for the video on your fun process!

    ReplyDelete