Monday, June 1, 2015

Guest Designer | Katrina Hunt

Today's Guest Designer is one of my very good scrappy friends, and I am so excited to introduce her!  Katrina Hunt is joining us with a super cute layout using the Prickly Pineapple cut file!  Katrina and I have been friends ever since we were on the Scrapbook Generation Design Team together.  She has a knack for mixing patterned papers and creating adorable layouts that include photos of her cute Corgis!  And you will love what she created for us today, but first let's get to know a little bit more about Katrina!

 
Hi!  I'm Katrina and I live in Midwest USA. I am currently owned by four Cardigan Welsh Corgis, who appear in my layouts from time to time (or A LOT of the time)! I’ve discovered as an adult that I love to create and craft.   I was never the artsy type while growing up, unless you count cutting my doll’s hair.  I have been scrapbooking since February 2009, when I decided to make a mini album for a friend. I discovered that I loved it!  Well, let’s just say after that I went nuts with the paper, scissors, and glue.  I love color, the more the better.  To define my style is hard, as I do what makes me happy. I like to scrap everyday life and things, you never know what the subject of my project might be!  

I have been on several design teams, of which currently include Therm O Web Adhesives, CREATE Magazine, {a flair for buttons} and most recently Maya Road.  Here's a little tidbit for you.....Ashley and I were on Sketch Support together and a friendship was made!

Thanks for having me guest design and what a fun, cute cut file!
 



 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/214834746/the-prickly-pineapple-cut-file-consists?ref=shop_home_active_1&ga_search_query=prickly%2Bpineapple
 
Seriously!!  A puppy and pineapples! It can't get much cuter than that people!  I love the way Katrina used the negative and positive from the Prickly Pineapple cut file to create the fun, colorful background for her layout!  And what a great idea using an image to reinforce the title of your layout!  Amazing work Katrina!
 
And as an added bonus, Katrina is also sharing a totally adorable card on her Blog today, using the Prickly Pineapple cut file layered over Gelatos.  Make sure you visit her Blog to check it out.
 
http://paperscissorsandglue.blogspot.com/
 
Thanks so much for guesting with us today, Katrina!  You can see more of Katrina's work and find her on Social Media, by visiting her Blog, Paper Scissors and Glue.

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/

4 comments:

  1. Yay Katrina!!! So glad to see you guest designing. Awesome layout! Those pineapples are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the pineapples and the pineapple by your title made with sequins is perfect! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! i really love your layout and the sneak of your card, katrina! seriously beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, using gold leaves to make your own gold pineapple is one of the most genius handmade embellishments I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete