Saturday, March 3, 2018

"Dream" by Kira

Hey everyone!  It's Kira and I'm back with another 12x12 layout to share.  Have you seen the new cut files in The Cut Shoppe?  There's so many good ones that it was almost impossible to choose one to use!  I eventually settled on the Boho Chic cut file and decided to use the Dream Bigger dream catcher to document a picture of my sleeping son.




I have been on a bit of an embroidery kick lately (a forgotten hobby of mine), and I thought it would be fun to stitch the feathers of the dream catcher.  I started by cutting the entire cut file out on white cardstock.  Then I traced the feathers onto some white fabric.  I used a satin stitch to stitch each of the feathers in various colors, knowing I was going to use the Pick Me Up collection, I stuck with pinks, yellows and blues. 



Once the feathers were completely stitched, I fussy cut them out of the fabric and glued them directly to the cut file feathers.  Then I wrapped some additional embroidery floss around the strings holding the feathers. 



Next was the difficult task of choosing a background paper.  Does anyone else struggle with this part too?!  I had about 8 choices and narrowed it down to two with the help of a friend.  I finally asked my husband who liked the ombre pink the best. 



I tucked my photo under the dream catcher and right above my title.  I added some thin jute twine around the arrow and added a few tags between the feathers with the same jute.  I embellished the rest of the page with pieces from the Pick Me Up collection. 



I finished it off with gold Heidi Swapp color shine. 



Thank you so much for stopping by!

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment