Wednesday, March 28, 2018

DIY Easter Banner | Elsie Robinson

Hey TCS fans, it's Elsie here! I love decorating my house for the holiday's, and with Easter this upcoming weekend I thought I would get into the spirit and create a 'hoppy easter' banner to hang in my home.

For this banner I used the Open Letter Alpha cut file. Any alpha cut file would work well for this banner, but I love this alpha in particular because I could back each letter with some pretty patterned papers!

I used papers from the Dear Lizzy Stay Colorful collection, as I love all of the bright, spring colours and patterns. 

And then I made the (slightly) crazy decision to hand-stitch around each letter...!


I love the texture stitching adds and this banner is something I will bring out year after year to decorate my house with, so I didn't mind spending the time hand-stitching. An alternative would be to use a sewing machine or not to include stitching at all! But I love how cute and whimsical the hand-stitching looks!


The banner looks great with just the patterned paper letters, but I couldn't resist adding embellishment clusters onto each letter. This was a fun way to use up lots of scraps and stickers that I had leftover from previous layouts, so it was a good stash-buster!

I hope you all have a Happy Easter, and are inspired to create your own Easter banner with some of the many alphas The Cut Shoppe store has to offer!


No comments:

Post a Comment