Thursday, March 15, 2018

New Cut Files | Easter Memories

Spring is springing, and we've got some awesome new cut files that will add a spring to your step!  If it's not feeling like spring where you live, I'm sure you're like me and have photos from last year that still need to be documented.  I decided to go with an Easter photo and the new Celebrate Easter cut file on my layout.

  
https://www.etsy.com/listing/586676516/the-celebrate-easter-cut-file-is-a-title?ref=shop_home_feat_3




I cut the Easter title from White card stock and backed each of the letters with a different patterned paper from the 6x6 Flourish paper pad.  For my background paper, I used a subtle pattern from the Flourish collection, that wouldn't overwhelm the papers I used behind the cut file.


Since I had a lot of pattern in the background, I decided to create a visual triangle on the layout, to draw attention to the clusters.  I started at the top with my photo and placed a chipboard butterfly next to it, for emphasis.  Then I added a few stickers from the collection.


I finished the other two clusters with a mix of stickers and chipboard.  Adding pop dots behind your stickers helps add dimension and gives the cluster a more pleasing look, rather than just having all of your layers flat.  I felt like I needed one more thing to finish the layout, so I cut the word "memories" and placed it in the center of the layout to complete the title.

Whatever you're documenting this spring, we've got you covered!  Head over to The Cut Shoppe Etsy store to check out these new designs and all of our spring, Easter and floral themed cut files!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley! This is so pretty. I just bought this collection and love it so much. The little collage's of ephemera scattered over the lettering are perfect too. Cheers from @kellymadeit

    ReplyDelete