Thursday, March 22, 2018

Framing It! | Elsie Robinson

Hey friends, it's Elsie here! I had a bit of a tidy-up in my craft room last week, and as I was sorting through some of my paper stash I realised I had a lot of woodgrain patterned papers, like... a lot! I knew I loved woodgrain papers, but I didn't quite realise how much - haha! So I set them aside to use on my next TCS project.


I've had this gallery wall layout idea in my mind for quite a while, but have never gotten around to making it for one reason or another. But with my pile of newly-found woodgrain patterned papers and the Gallery Wall and Picture Perfect cut file sets, I finally got around to making this page! 


I started by arranging the frames in my Silhouette software to plan the design I wanted for my page. This streamlined my whole process, because I could cut the frames out in one go, rather than "winging it" and being left with frames that aren't sized correctly and wasting my beloved woodgrain patterns!


Before I backed each frame I realised that I wanted some white borders on he inside of the frames as this helped all of the patterns stand out. You could do this on your cutting machine, but I traced the outline of the frame and cut them with some scissors, which wasn't too difficult to do.


This design is a great way to show off lots of your favourite designs and colours of patterned papers, in a very neat and tidy way! 

And since this was the first layout I made with the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Flourish collection, I was like a kid in a candy store and wanted to use everything, so this design was perfect to use a lot of patterns in one go!


There really wasn't much more to add to this page because the beautiful cut files made this page come together so effortlessly. But I popped each frame up onto some foam and used a white brick patterned paper as my background (also from the Flourish collection).

I love the combination of the brick and woodgrain frames, as it adds a lot of texture and kind of creates a realistic look!


This page turned out so much better than I thought it could and I really love it! So much so that this gallery wall layout is currently hanging on the gallery wall in my craft room... so meta! ;) 

Thanks for stopping by everyone, I hope your inspired to use some of the frame cut files available in the store!


4 comments:

  1. WOW! This is just amazing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsie! You make every collection so special ! This is just super clever and creative and beautiful ! Cheers @kellymadeit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind of you to say Kelly! Thank you!! <3 :)

      Delete