Friday, March 9, 2018

"Rainbow Of Possibilities" Layout with Enza

Hello everyone! Enza here to share a new, colorful layout with the Bermuda Triangle cut file.



If you have seen my work, you might have noticed how much I love background cut files. They are the perfect starting point for a layout and a nice “tool” if you want to incorporate multiple patterns and colors. The collection I have used for this page is the happy Box of crayons by Shimelle. I don't have any of the embellishments yet, so I had to make do with patterned paper, but I really couldn't wait ;)

I started by backing the cut file. The easiest way to do this if you are using just one patterned paper is to cut the outline only. The Release Compound Path function in the Silhouette software is your friend in this case, as it allows you to get rid of elements you don't want to send to cut. Here I deleted all the triangles and kept the main outline and all the areas in between. I then adhered the two pieces together with liquid adhesive.


Next, I fussy-cut a bunch of frames from one of the patterned papers and arranged them in a wonky way around the photo. I used foam adhesive for dimension.


To give it a feminine touch, I also added fussy-cut flowers and leaves.




Cut files are truly an amazing tool - they save the day most of the time, especially when you don't have enough elements from a collection or want to make patterned paper the star of your page.

Thank you for stopping by. Don't forget to check out The Cut Shoppe Etsy store for more inspiring designs.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Enza! Love how you used the cutfile. Looks fulll and creative, even withoout the ephemera. The affirmations make it interesing too! Really inspiring! Cheers @kellymadeit

    ReplyDelete