Thursday, March 29, 2018

New Cut Files | Love Out Loud

This week, there are four new awesome background cut files available in the Shop!  I love background designs, because they can be used in so many different ways.  I couldn't resist the Dainty Doily cut file...because we all know how much I love circles!!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/590006564/the-daintly-doily-cut-file-is-a?ref=shop_home_feat_1




I cut the design from White card stock.  Then I cut 5 varying sized circles from patterned papers in the Good Vibes collection from Crate Paper.  I placed a different circle behind each section of the doily cut file, to bring in a lot of pattern.  Before adding the cut file to my background paper, I machine stitched around the circle.


Choosing a background paper was a little challenging.  I didn't want to use White card stock and have the cut file blend into the background and I didn't want to use a patterned paper, because it would have overwhelmed the papers backing the cut file.  So I decided to go with a solid card stock background, which is something I haven't done in a while.  The color I chose coordinately perfectly with the Good Vibes collection, so it all worked out!


I clustered my title and embellishments around the photo, to draw attention to the photo area.  And I felt like the layout needed some flowers, so I fussy cut a few from one of the Good Vibes patterned papers.  I placed them along the side of the photo to create interest and dimension.

If you're looking for some great background cut files, right now is the perfect time to head over to the shop.  You'll find these 4 new designs, along with many more unique cut files for your projects!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/
 

1 comment:

  1. Really gorgeous Ashley! I love how the same colour goes all around the circle and your photo collage too. It's just the right amount of ephemera! I kind of giggled at the background dilemma only because I once spend two hours looking for the perfect colour of cardstock for a similar situation. I never found the perfect one, but re-organized all my cardstock, LOL then went to the scrapbook store. That's a win/win situation right there, ha! Cheers! @kellymadeit

    ReplyDelete