Saturday, August 29, 2015

One cut file...Two layouts!

Happy Saturday everyone! This is Sheri and sadly, I'm posting my last project for the design team. The Cut Shoppe has always been my favorite shop for cut files so I know I will continue using them for a long time. 

For my post today, I decided to do two layouts! Yes two! I am showing how you can use one cut file but get two very different results.

Here are the completed layouts:



Both files were created using the newly released Queen of Hearts 12x12 cut file.



For the first layout, I used the cut file as a stencil and applied a pretty thick layer of texture paste over the cut file. I immediately removed the cut file from the page and let it dry. It took a bit of time, so I just left to do things around the house and came back to it later. 
Then I was able to apply my watercolor and spray mist splatters over the texture for a great contrast! 


This is one of my favorite ways to use cut files! You get a totally different look than from just using the cut file itself! Give it a try!

I then took that same cut file, covered in the texture paste, and used it on my next layout. I really liked how the paste gave the cut file texture instead of it just being a flat look. I didn't even realize that until I started working with it. I love how using it white on white gives it a very lacy feel to the layout.


I also used the Funky Florals cut file for this layout. 


You can see one of the flowers is the actual cut file and one has been cut out after using the cut file as a stencil and applying texture paste. Again, two different looks...one cut file.

 

Here is the process video for two layouts if you'd like to check it out!





I just want to thank Ashley for this incredible opportunity to be a part of an amazing team. It has been an amazing experience and I can't wait to see all the wonderful creativity of the new team!






1 comment:

  1. So cool to see the texture paste and the dimension from it! Great LOs!

    ReplyDelete