Tuesday, August 11, 2015

They Call Me Sunshine

Hey there!  Missy back with you today.  I have a new layout to share using the fun Make a Splash cut file.  Summer layouts (and pool layouts) are my favorite ones to create, and so I knew right away I wanted to use that cute sun.


I enlarged the sun so it would take up most of my page.  I used some Pinkfresh Studio Up in the Clouds collection for this.  I cut the sun using pale yellow cardstock and then used some yellow and orange gelatos to give it some shading and depth.  I used some white gesso and a blue gelato to create the blue background haze behind the sun.


I added some yellow and pink stitching around the circles and then added in my embellishments and the curved title.  I used Thickers, Pinkfresh Studio stickers and die cuts and flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons.


I wanted this "sunshine" Thicker to be pink, so I mixed up a few colors of acrylic paint and used my finger to dab the paint on.  I like that it's a little bumpy and messy...it gives it some texture :)


Here's one more close up of the embellishments.  I've been wanting to use those cute heart stickers and rainbows for a while.  They worked out perfectly for this page!


If you'd like to see how I put this layout together, check out my process video.  Hope you enjoy and get some inspiration!


Thanks so much for visiting the blog today!  Be sure to check out the store...so many new and awesome cut files are available!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. eeeeeek! this is SO cool! love the title!! so lovely! and all of that circle stitching and color!! amazing summer layout!!

    ReplyDelete