Thursday, August 6, 2015

#Throwback Thursday | Be Happy

Happy Thursday!  I'm back today for another Throwback Thursday layout!  This week, I decided to incorporate three cut file sets onto my layout.  I wanted to use a background cut file, some type of alpha or title cut file and an icon cut file.  So I decided on Plus Infinity, Word Art and the Doodle Dandy cut file set!




https://www.etsy.com/listing/198248255/the-plus-infinity-background-cut-file-is?ref=shop_home_active_7

https://www.etsy.com/listing/214835825/the-word-art-cut-file-consists-of-4?ref=shop_home_active_17

https://www.etsy.com/listing/230864027/the-doodle-dandy-cut-file-set-consists?ref=shop_home_active_7

I just received the awesome Heart Wood Veneer frame from Maggie Holmes last week, and knew I had to use it ASAP!  I started thinking of ways that I could use it, with a cut file background.  So I grabbed the Awesome collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio, and cut the Plus Infinity background from White cardstock.  I wanted to back each section of the heart with a different patterned paper, but also have my cut file show through.  I decided to place some of the Awesome patterned papers in the foreground of the heart and once I had those in place, I adhered the Heart frame to the already cut Plus Infinity background.  Then I backed the remaining open sections with patterned paper, to show through the cut file.  After all of my papers were in place, I trimmed off the excess White cardstock around the edges of the Heart frame.  When I got to the Word Art cut file for my title, I just traced the image in Silhouette Studio and then moved each of the letters to overlap just a bit.  Then I selected over each individual letter to make it a Compound Path and then welded the letters together.  To finish the layout, I cut arrows from the Doodle Dandy cut file set, and placed them around the outside edge of the Heart frame!

It's fun to find ways to incorporate cut files into a large element on your layout!  If you're browsing in The Cut Shoppe, pick up some cut files that you think would work great with a large shape or product on your next layout!

Supplies:  Plus Infinity cut file, Word Art cut File & Doodle Dandy cut file:  The Cut Shoppe; Patterned Paper, Enamel Dots & Flair Buttons:  Cocoa Vanilla Studio; Heart Wood Veneer Frame, Bits & Chipboard:  Crate Paper; Phrase Stickers:  Tim Holtz; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment