Thursday, August 27, 2015

Shine Today

It's new cut file day and I've got a fun layout to share with you today!  This one took some time and effort, but I really loved the end result.  It's always nice when the idea in your head, actually translates to paper!  I used the new Say the Word cut file set to create a typography background look for the layout.




https://www.etsy.com/listing/245535705/the-say-the-word-cut-file-includes-8?ref=shop_home_active_4

I used all of the words in this set, except for the word "Create".  All of the patterned papers from the new Finders Keepers collection from Amy Tan came in handy for this layout!  Since I used all of the words from the cut file set I didn't want to add in any other text for the title, so I placed the words Shine Today in the center diagonal, to use for the title of the layout.  And I didn't want to cover up a lot of the background, so I created a cluster with my photo and a few embellishments from the collection.

I didn't have time this week to create a full process video for the layout, BUT I do have a tutorial to share with you, on how I used the cut file in Silhouette Studio, to prepare the design for my layout!  Check it out!



And don't forget to head over to The Cut Shoppe to check out the other new sets that are now available.  Here's what you'll find!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe
  
Supplies:  Say the Word cut file:  The Cut Shoppe; Patterned Paper, Bits, Thickers, Rubber Words, Rubber Charms, Stickers, Puffy Stickers & Rub-Ons:  American Crafts; Flair Button:  A Flair for Buttons; Wood Drop Stickers:  Pinkfresh Studio; Enamel Dots:  Freckled Fawn & My Mind's Eye; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment