Thursday, August 20, 2015

#Throwback Thursday | 1 of Those Days

Welcome to Throwback Thursday, today on The Cut Shoppe Blog!  This week I decided to use the Picture Perfect cut file set on my layout.  My design was inspired by the fun frame wall that Paige Evans has in her daughter's room!  I cut all of the frames from different patterned papers included in the Crate Paper Wonder collection and used the frame wall as a jumping off point for my design.


http://www.paigeandchris.com/2015/07/the-one-with-jane-at-3.html

https://www.etsy.com/listing/234103375/the-picture-perfect-cut-file-consists-of?ref=shop_home_active_8

There are four frames in the set, and I wanted five on my layout, so I cut the one on the bottom right hand corner twice.  I loved how the frames worked for my title, photo and embellishments.



I kept this layout clean & simple as far as Mixed Media goes...I didn't even add any Color Shine, if you can believe that!  So I decided to add a lot of interest and texture inside and layered over the frames, with chipboard, wood veneers, enamel dots, Flair Buttons and Bits.

And just a side note behind the photo - This was taken on our recent trip to Texas, and he was not having a good day.  The restaurant we tried, was a three hour affair, due to the fact they only took cash (which meant we had to leave and go to the ATM and then come back), the wait in line for a table, and the almost hour wait to get our food!  Needless to say, he was done by the time I took this photo!!

If you haven't had a chance to visit The Cut Shoppe lately, make sure you stop in to take a look at all of the available cut files!  And I'll be back next week with four new sets, that will be added to the Shop!

Supplies:  Picture Perfect cut file:  The Cut Shoppe; Patterned Paper, Bits & Pieces, Chipboard, Stickers, Enamel Dots, Cork Number & Thickers:  Crate Paper; Patterned Paper:  October Afternoon; Flair Buttons:  A Flair for Buttons; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Letter Stickers:  Elle's Studio; Thickers & Date Stamp:  American Crafts; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment