Monday, July 9, 2018

"Rockport" with Kira



Hey Cut Shoppe friends!  It's Kira and I am back today with a layout in my beach themed travelers notebook.  We recently took a trip to the beach for the first time since moving to Texas, and of course I took a million pictures of my kids.  I thought the best way to handle all of the photos would be to make a TN style mini album. 



I'm so excited about the beach-y themed cut files in the shop, they are perfect for my beach pages.  I started with the Beach Bum cut file and cut out four of the sea shells.  I sized them to about 3.5" and then backed them with different, coordinating papers. 


The photo I decided to use is one of my son walking into the ocean, and there is a lot of white space to the right of him in the photo.  So I placed the photo on the left side of my TN spread.  This helped me choose placement of the sea shells.  I went with a diagonal design, starting in the upper left corner, moving down to the lower right.



Three of the sea shells I adhered directly to the page, and some were hanging off the edges of the page.  I bumped my photo up on foam, and so the shell that is on top of my photo is also up on foam.


I added my title in some gold thickers, and embellished with some summery items I had laying around my desk.  I finished it off with some gold color shine.



Thank you so much for stopping by!



xo, Kira 

No comments:

Post a Comment