Saturday, July 28, 2018

So Lucky TN Spread with Neftali

Happy Saturday scrappy friends! It’s Neftali here with you today to share some scrappy inspiration. Today I have a super duper quick Travelers Notebook spread using the Beach Bum cutfile set below using gelatos and a fun trick to mix them into your Travelers notebooks!


I only used the sea shell cutfile out of the Beach Bum set for this project. 

Before I continue, let me show you the finished spread:


It’s a super simple spread that I decided to create to keep the main focus on this stunning photo of the sunset here in California. I also chose my colors from the photo and kept it to a monochromatic gold. 
So for my background I brought out some more Gellatos in a copper, gold, and peach color. 

I didn’t use water at all, instead, I used my fingers to rub out the color. It works wonders, too. The warmth of your fingers helps rub out the creamy crayons, and since were working on such thin pages from the TN notebook, this is a perfect technique to add a bit of color on your backgrounds.


I also used the gelatos to color over the cutfile and it just gives it the perfect pop off the page and the colors of the background.


Not only did I use the gold color schemes gellatos but I also added some gold shimmer spray. Then I was ready to add my photo. I just cut that to add to both sides of the spread, instead of folding it, and I finished it off with some gorgeous gold glitter Thickers with the phrase, “So Lucky.” Because seriously, there’s no other feeling you get standing at the foot of this glorious sight. 


So, lovelies, this was pretty much all I did to create this TN spread. It came together very quickly, and I am actually currently loving popping into my TN or other projects to create simple projects that include new and fun techniques. I hope I have inspired you all to grab this cut file and give it a go for those summer photos you might have.

Thanks for stopping by today! 



No comments:

Post a Comment