Sunday, September 2, 2018

"Farmhouse Goals" with Kira

Have you had a chance to plan out what you're going to make for this month's challenge?  If you haven't seen what the challenge is, you can read about it here.  I made a super cute piece of decor with a vintage milk can...and I was so obsessed with how it turned out, that I HAD to document it!

I started my layout using the same Farm Fresh cut file from The Cut Shoppe that I used for my milk can.   I had almost decided to use this cow on the can, but decided on the "farm" cut file instead.  So now was my chance to use that cow! 



I cut it out on some black and white paper, to mimic the look of a cows spots, without being so literal.  Then I used a piece of wood grain paper as my background.  I added some handstitching around the cow in some white DMC embroidery floss. 



I had a million pictures of my milk can since I was so obsessed with it, so finding one that would work wasn't a problem!  I fussy cut around the can and decided to use it as a sort of embellishment. 



I used the Brush Up Alpha cut file for my title, cutting it out on some blue floral paper.  I am really digging a vertical title on my 8.5x11 layouts lately, so I attached it going up the side of my page. 




I used some black alphas to complete my title. 



The Make a Pretty Life June kit was perfect to embellish this page.  I added different die cuts and textural elements to complete the page.



Thank you so much for stopping by!  Make sure to join us on Facebook to play along with this challenge!

xo, Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment