Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Sweet Girls | Kelly Janes

Hey there, friends! Kelly here today to share a new 12x12 layout using the Flutterby Cut File.



I started in Cricut Design Space by slicing one of the butterflies from the wreath. I duplicated the butterfly and then used the contour feature to make the butterfly a solid shape. I then duplicated both the intricate butterfly & the solid butterfly so I had 3 of each. I cut the intricate butterflies on patterned paper and the solid butterflies on vellum.


I layered the patterned paper butterflies over the vellum & added stitching down the center. I love how the wings just naturally lift...it adds so much dimension! I added a few more fussy cut butterflies, flowers & buttons to finish off the layout!




Remember to visit The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store to check out all of the cut files & digital collections!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, Kelly here :D
    I love your layout! I've never cut vellum on the silhouette before, so that's something I'd love to try. Thank you for the inspiration. Also, I'm totally in love with Guinea Pigs and follow a few on IG :D They're adorable. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! Yes, you'll have to try cutting vellum! It adds so much interest to a layout! Our piggies are so fun! We love their little personalities! :)

      Delete