Thursday, September 20, 2018

New Cut Files | Feeling Fallish

I don't know about you guys, but I am over summer!  I was pretty much over it after the first two weeks!  HA!  Fall has always been my favorite time of the year, so I am excited to have some new fall designs in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store.  I used two of the designs from the Finally Fall cut file on the layout I'm sharing today.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/645057113/the-finally-fall-cut-file-can-be-used?ref=shop_home_feat_1

It's been a while, since I've worked with a collection pack, but I picked up the Fall Breeze collection from PhotoPlayPaper.  I knew I wanted to use it for some upcoming fall layouts in my Traveler's Notebook, but it was perfect for this layout too.  Believe it or not, this layout is made with only patterned paper and stickers!!  That's very unusual for me, but I loved the end result.


I started my layout by repeating the leaf design in Silhouette Studio and cutting it from White card stock.  Then I backed each shape with one of the patterned papers from the Fall Breeze collection.  Before adding anything else to my layout, I ran it through my sewing machine to stitch along the center of each of the leaves.  Next, I cut the title and decided to back it with White card stock, so it would stand out from everything else going on in the background.


Once I had the title where I wanted it, I added my photo.  This photo is from a trip we took to Nashville last October.  I probably won't get many more pumpkin patch photo shoots out of these kids, since our youngest is 9.  :)  The embellishing on the layout was quick and easy.  I chose a mix of stickers from the collection sticker sheet and placed them around the photo.  To add some variety to the stickers, I adhered some to the layout with pop dots and I also curled and roughed up the edges of the stickers.

I hope you've found some inspiration today for your upcoming fall projects!  And this layout proves that you don't have to over-think things with choosing your embellishments.  Sometimes an awesome cut file and stickers are all you need! 

You can visit The Cut Shoppe Etsy store to pick up the Finally Fall cut, and check out our other three designs that are now available!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment