Saturday, November 17, 2018

Boo! with Kira

Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another 8.5x11 layout for you.



I created this layout for The Cut Shoppe's Halloween post, and then realized I used a cut file that wasn't going to be available to purchase until November.  Silly me.  But if you are anything like me, you're still scrapbooking Halloween well into November.

 
I started this layout by printing a photo of my youngest son on a piece of 8.5x11 photo paper.  This is the first time I have used such a large photo in my scrapbooking, and I gotta tell you, I am obsessed with how this came out.



A little about the photo:  I had used the Pumpkin Pie cut file as a solid image and cut out multiple on orange cardstock.  Then I cut out pumpkin faces using the Hey Jack cut file on black cardstock.  I gave each of my kids a glue stick and let them loose making paper jack-o-lanterns!  As you can tell, Elliott was having the time of his life.



It seemed pretty obvious that I needed to use the Pumpkin Pie cut file on this layout since Elliott is using it in the photo.  Then I used the Autumn Acres cut file to add leaves surrounding the rest of the photo.





After all the cut files were backed and placed around the photo, I added a few embellishments and called it done!



Thanks so much for stopping by!



xo, Kira






No comments:

Post a Comment