Saturday, November 10, 2018

Happy | Erica Thompson

Hello TCS fans! Erica here with you today to share a sweet layout using the Finally Fall cut file set!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/645057113/the-finally-fall-cut-file-can-be-used?ref=shop_home_active_65
I uploaded this file to my Silhouette and wanted to just use the one of the leaf files.  I cut out three of the leafs with my machine in some white smooth American Crafts card stock. I pulled out the Simple Stories Forever Fall collection I picked up in the Clique Kits shop. I absolutely love this fall collection. I backed the leaves with different pattern papers from the collection. The colors in this collection are gorgeous and rich and the perfect fall collection.
The photo is of our little Liam Jay. It was October 9th..his 1st Birthday and of coarse I had to take some photos of him on this day! The light outside was so sweet and I just set him out front on our sidewalk so that I could see the colorful trees in the background and snapped away! He was so happy clapping and laughing and I love how they turned out! I  knew this collection and the Finally Fall cut file would be perfect to document this photo.
Liam blessed our lives one year ago and he sure was a big surprise! We thought our family was complete after Eli. Little did we know there was a different plan for our family. After a couple months of being sick and not able to get out of bed I thought there is no way we could be expecting..no way. But to our surprise we were expecting and pretty far along. Things happen in life and this little blessing was meant to be ours for a reason. He is a busy, crazy, silly little boy. He sure does keep us super busy. We could not imagine our lives without him and so blessed to have him in our family. I just had to document our sweet October boy.
Once I had the leaves backed with the pretty pattern papers I glued them down to my page going from one corner of the page to the bottom corner. I added lots of layers of paper scraps behind my photo and then began to embellish with different pieces from the collection. For my title I just used the word Happy because he is so happy in this photo and he makes everyone in our family Happy. It was just perfect for this layout. This leaf cut file could be used in so many ways! I had fun decided on how to add them to my page when I started and you can see some of this in the video on my channel! Here is a look at my completed layout and I hope you enjoy it! I can't wait to see what you do with this Finally Fall cut file set! Remember to tag The Cut Shoppe when sharing your projects so we can see what you are all creating!
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today! We hope to see you back again tomorrow for more cut file inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment