Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Wander & Explore | A Nature Layout Using the Pumpkin Pie Cut File

Hello Lovelies! Theresa here with a great fall layout using the Pumpkin Pie cut file! I am holding onto fall just a bit longer before Christmas and this cut file is perfect for that. You can purchase this cut file in the shop here.



I had a photo of our son while we were recently taking the loveliest nature walk around a lake near us. The pumpkin spoke outdoors and nature to me, and here is my layout.


I began my layout with white card stock and a wood grain stencil. I took a risk and tried the Prima Art Alchemy paints and found it created a really cool background. The paints are not really designed for use with a stencil, so this is one of those instances where we throw perfection out the window and love the outcome!



I cut out two of the pumpkins using patterned papers from One Canoe Two and then backed them with contrasting patterns. All of the papers and embellishments I used in this layout are from the Twilight and Creekside collections.



I laid out the paper pumpkins as if they were cascading down the page, and this allows the woodgrain background to show. The wooden paperclips add the perfect touch and also lead your eye down the page. I have used them to attach my embellishments, title, journaling spot, and even my photo.




Lastly, I added a few die cuts and yes, some flowers! I absolutely used flowers and pinks on this layout. Full disclosure: this boy loves pink and wears it quite often, and I love tying in more elements from nature on this very nature-inspired layout.



Here is one more look at my completed layout.




Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope you are inspired to try new paints, add pink to a boy layout, and embrace lovely imperfections!











No comments:

Post a Comment