Thursday, November 29, 2018

New Cut Files | You'll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and we're ready to help get you in the Christmas spirit!  All of our NEW Cut Files are perfect for any of your upcoming Christmas projects.  One of my favorite new releases is the Merry Movies cut file set.  If you're like me, I'm sure you have some favorite Christmas classics that you have to watch every year.  One of mine, is definitely A Christmas Story.  The Merry Movies cut file includes one of the most well known quotes from the movie, "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid".  I had the perfect photo from Christmas 2013 to go with this cut file, and I love the way it turned out on my layout!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/662910485/the-merry-movies-cut-file-can-be-used?ref=shop_home_feat_1




I love using large titles on my layouts, so I thought it would be fun to make this one really large and create a background with it.  I used a polka dot patterned paper from Crate Paper to cut the design, but I wanted some variation in the title.  I kept three of the titles solid and made one with an outline.  Then I backed the open spaces with a Buffalo Plaid patterned paper.  I really like the emphasis it gives to the cut file, and it makes it stand out from the rest of the page.


I decided to place my photo next to the part of the cut file with the Buffalo Plaid patterned paper.  I liked the horizontal look of the title, photo and the main embellishments going across the page.  I used a mix of embellishments around the photo, to add some interest...and I really love the old car puffy sticker (it reminds me of the tire changing scene from the movie)!!


Once all of my main elements were in place, I still had several spaces of white space.  I didn't want to totally fill in those spaces, but I felt like they needed a little something.  I used the Joy patterned paper from the Crate Paper Snow & Cocoa collection, and fussy cut some of the cute Christmas trees.  I used them to create a few borders in those white space areas, and machine stitched through the center of each one to add some texture.  

I hope you're ready to get started on some Christmas crafting, and that you'll check out our NEWEST Cut Files in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store!  Don't forget to visit our Holiday section while you're there, to see all of our Christmas related cut files.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment