Friday, November 9, 2018

Hello Fall | Marsha Farris

Hey friends!  It's Marsha, and I am here with you today sharing a traveler's notebook layout using the DIY Quilt cut file that is available at The Cut Shoppe Etsy store.


We have finally started getting some cooler weather here, and I could not resist adding another Fall layout to my notebook.

I have been wanting to use the DIY Quilt cut file since it was first released, and I thought it would be perfect for my spread.  I used the Simple Stories Forever Fall collection, Traci Reed Designs I Heart Fall Most of All traveler's notebook papers, and wood veneer from Colorcast Designs.

I cut out the cut file using a navy floral paper from the Forever Fall collection and layered it over a TN paper from the I Heart Fall Most of All collection.   The chipboard fall banner placed over the cut file serves as my title.  I tucked a couple of ephemera pieces behind the banner and added a wood veneer piece on top.


On the other page, I layered some patterned paper, a book page, and some ephemera pieces behind the photo.


Next, I placed a vertical line of embellishments down the page, using wood veneer pieces and die cuts. 

For the final touch, I added staples and some machine stitching to a few areas on the layout.


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope I have inspired you to use a cut file on your next project!



No comments:

Post a Comment