Tuesday, November 27, 2018

One Cut File - Three Ways | Kelly Janes

Hey there friends! Kelly here today to share THREE layouts using the Great Pumpkin Cut File!


I started with an idea to use the Great Pumpkin Cut File as a template for hand stitching, so I placed the cut file on a piece of woodgrain patterned paper and used my paper piercer to punch holes in the background. I started with a standard backstitch, but it wasn't giving me as much dimension as I was hoping. I went over the stitching a second time using a chain link stitch. I then quilled multiple pieces of orange and yellow papers for even more dimension. I added my photo and a few embellishments to finish the layout!




I then thought it would be fun to use the negative pieces from the Great Pumpkin Cut File for another layout! I used orange watercolors and Halloween stamps to create a pattern on the cut file. I also added orange machine stitching to all of the pumpkin pieces. I added foam squares and fun foam behind the pumpkin to add dimension. To finish the layout, I added a photo  and Halloween themed embellishments.



For my final layout, I decided to use the outer rim of the cut file. I added watercolor splatters and purple hand stitching around the pumpkin. I then grabbed multiple scraps of Halloween themed patterned papers and I was recently inspired by Paige Evans to pull out my border punches! I created a fun, colorful pattern within the pumpkin image. I added a couple photos, a few embellishments and a couple lines of journaling to finish this layout!



I love that I not only used the same cut file, but I used the same cut from the same cut file for all 3 of these layouts! Remember to visit The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store to check out all of the cut files!


No comments:

Post a Comment