Thursday, November 8, 2018

New Cut Files | Fall Feels

It's getting about that time...time to start working on Thanksgiving and Christmas projects, but for today, I'm still holding on to Fall!  We've got some NEW Cut File designs available today, that are perfect for getting started on your Thanksgiving projects, but I used the Pumpkin Pie cut file to create a Fall themed layout.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/657103839/the-pumpkin-pie-cut-file-can-be-used-for?ref=shop_home_feat_1


I wanted to use the Fall Breeze collection from Photo Play Paper, with a mix of Simple Stories Forever Fall.  When I thought about how I wanted to use the cut file, I decided on two different ways.  The first idea, was to place 2x12 patterned paper strips on my Silhouette Cameo mat and cut out a solid shape of the Pumpkin Pie cut file.  Then I transferred all of the strips, in order, to a White card stock background.  Once I had all of the strips in place, I machine stitched around the shape of the pumpkin for extra texture.




Then I cut the Pumpkin Pie cut file from a piece of Kraft card stock.  I wanted to back the open spaces of the cut file, but decided not to fill in every space.  Since I had so much patterned paper with the strips, I didn't want the cut file to get lost, by completely backing the whole design with the same patterned papers.  I like the way the cut file stands out, with some spaces filled in and others letting the White card stock show through.  Once I had some of the spaces backed, I placed craft foam behind them, to pop the cut file off the page.


I placed my photo (of my adorable baby cousin!!) in the center of the cut file.  I knew this would help draw the eye to the photo, with it being front and center.  Then I used a mix of embellishments from the Fall Breeze collection and the Forever Fall collection around the photo.  I wanted clusters on both sides to create balance on the layout.  I finished the layout with a simple title, using Kraft Thickers from one of my older Crate Paper collections.

This was such a fun cut file to use and a fun layout to put together!  You can find the Pumpkin Pie cut file in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store, as well as our other NEW cut files!  Make sure you head over and check them out!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment