Sunday, March 26, 2017

Page Turner



Hello friends!  Candace back with you today to share a two page 6x8 layout using the Page Turner cut file.  


One of my favorite things about cut files is the ability to manipulate size and dimension.  This is perfect when you are looking to create the perfect title.  For this layout I wanted a large title but I also wanted it to have lots of dimension.  I wanted the title to stand off the page like thickers.



To create this look on my title I measured my layout to see exactly what size I needed.  Next, I cut the title 5x out of the same black card stock.  I took all the layers and adhered them on top of one another to create a title that was thick and full of dimension.  



Using these same steps you can create custom titles for all your projects in the perfect size and thickness.



To finish off this simple layout I added a few chipboard phrase stickers and die cut shapes to support my story.  To ground the bottom of the spread I added a strip of washi tape.  This keeps the eye from wandering off the page.  My extended journaling tells the story of my little bookworm and how we love his thirst for knowledge.  



Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope this shows you that you don't have to do a big layout with lots of embellishments to make it special.  It really is all about the words and photos and by using cut files you are able to use your embellishments to support and enhance the story.  

Have a beautiful day!  




No comments:

Post a Comment