Monday, March 6, 2017

Guest Designer | Gail Lindner

We are super excited to welcome the very talented Gail Lindner as our March Guest Designer!Gail always creates beautiful projects and she has a gorgeous layout to share with us today using The Half of It cut file and the Funky Florals cut file.  Let's get to know a little bit more about Gail, before taking a look at her layout.
 


Hello! My name is Gail Lindner and I live in sunny Brisbane, Australia! I have a wonderful husband and three children - Amelia is 9, Noah is 5 and Oliver is 2. I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to be a stay-at-home-mum. I spend my days changing nappies, making sandwiches, doing school and kindergarten drop offs and pick-ups and trying to stay on top of the never-ending washing, feeding and tidying that comes with three kids! 


I have always been a creative person and have been scrapbooking now for 17 years and I can't imagine my life without it! I'm inspired by my photos and the stories I want to tell. You will rarely find a layout from me without meaningful journaling. It's just one of the ways I express my love for my family! I like adding in layers and embellishment clusters to my layouts as well as bright pops of color, incorporating my favorite color, aqua, whenever I can! Currently I'm on the design teams for Bella Blvd, American Crafts and Gossamer Blue.

Now, let's see what Gail created!


I had it in my mind that I wanted to do a graduated color background - from green to aqua to peach to pink. I used the 'The Half Of It' cut file for my background but wanted only subtle color showing through so I was able to edit the file using the Silhouette software and delete some of the half-circle backgrounds to leave me with only a scattering of open spaces for the patterned paper to show through from behind the cut!  


I love adding layers behind my photos and the leaves and flowers in the 'Funky Florals' cut file were perfect for tucking in behind my photo, amongst layers of patterned paper, vellum and die cuts.




WOW!!  Thanks so much for guesting with us Gail!  We love how you combined the cut files on your layout!  You can find more of Gail's work on her Blog, wordsandphotosblog.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment