Wednesday, March 15, 2017

You At 8!


Hello, scrappy friends! Today I'm sharing a fun and colorful birthday layout using the You've been schooled and Geo globe cut files.


The Little by little collection by Shimelle that came in my Clique Kits March kit was perfect for this layout. Bright, happy colors and fun patterns paired seamlessly with the cut files. I started by replicating one of the cut files from the You've been schooled set multiple times in different sizes. Then I welded the images together to obtain one single shape and backed them with a rainbow patterned paper.



I knew I wanted to add something festive, so I decided to create a shaker pocket. The Geo globe cut file worked perfectly. I backed it with pink vellum and filled it with sequins in various colors and sizes before adhering it down. 


After building a few layers behind my photos, I added some ephemera pieces and my title.


A few paint splashes and enamel dots finished the layout.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my process. Don't forget to visit The Cut Shoppe Etsy store for some amazing and inspiring cut files.

Until next time. Have a lovely day!





No comments:

Post a Comment