Monday, March 13, 2017

Always be a Unicorn

Hello Cut Shoppe Friends! Today I want to share a layout I created using the A Walk in the Clouds, Quick Quotes, and Unicorn Xing cut files. This project has a lot of subtle detail in the background and the title pops with rainbow-colored foil.





Since I knew the title was going to very colorful, I decided to use white cardstock for the base as well as the cloud background.


To create the title, I used the Quick Quotes cut file with Heidi Swapp toner paper. In addition to the title, I also cut stars from the Unicorn Xing file. Once everything was cut, I applied Thermoweb Deco Foil with my Minc to each of the pieces.


All of this was layered on top of the A Walk in the Clouds cut file, which was sized to fit the 12x12 piece of white cardstock.


The photo is matted on a white glassine bag that I've been hanging onto. I used a small piece left over from the bag to type "Halloween 2005" with my WRMK typewriter, which I adhered to the picture. I followed that with the negative cuts from the clouds, which I adhered with foam squares. Last, I placed a few of the stars above and below the photo to balance the color on the layout.



Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you are inspired to create! Please visit The Cut Shoppe for these and many other fantastic files, and visit us on Instagram for daily inspiration.


2 comments:

  1. Wanted to say how much we love this and your choice to use our Rainbow Deco Foil! It's unicornly amazing!

    ReplyDelete