Friday, March 17, 2017

First Ride

Hi there scrappy friends,
Zsoka here with you today with a new layout.
When I saw the new bike cut file, I knew I wanted to use it right away. I already did a bike layout last year, using my favourite Fancy Pants Good Fellows collection, but for this one I wanted to use a feminine line full of flowers, because of the basket filled with flowers in the new Full Bloom cut file! I also used some other cut files:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/240626846/the-make-a-splash-cut-file-includes-5?ref=shop_home_active_59
 
 

I blew up the cut file and cropped the front of it.
Since I already had Paige Evans' Oh My Heart collection on my table when I started working on this, I just went with that collection again. I went through the papers and found the perfect one for my wheels! Or at least I think I did! :) It's a shame I had to cut up two 12x12" papers just to get the right pattern but I still have one left, so it's OK, it was all worth it.
 
I adhered my bike to the background and hand stitched around the wheels to give them extra definition. I also glued enamel dots in the middle of my wheels, mostly for fun :).
 
I then fussy cut loads of different size flowers from one of the patterned papers and added these to my basket and also to the front of the bike. Some I popped up using some foam adhesive so they have a bit of dimension.
 
 
Looking at the layout at this point, I felt like the top was too empty and I wasn't planning to put my title there. After brainstorming with a friend I decided to add a sun and some clouds. Cheesy, yes?! I hand stitched around the sun and adhered it to my page with foam adhesive. The clouds I left as they were, didn't back them, just to have a bit of airy feel to them.
 
For my title I used the alpha thickers from the same collection. I was a bit hesitant to add my journaling where it is now, because the whole layout was kind of straight and this spot was tilted. But I took a deep breath and started writing...I actually like how it turned out.
 
I don't do such themed layouts often anymore, but I thought it fits my photo, since my son was just a baby back then.
I hope you found some inspiration here today! Thank you for stopping by! X

No comments:

Post a Comment