Tuesday, May 1, 2018

"Stay Wild" with Kira

Hello everyone!  It's Kira and I am back with a 12x12 scrapbook layout.  I had such a hard time deciding on what cut file from The Cut Shoppe to use today.  There are so many great ones.  I eventually settled on Folk Art.  There are so many great images on this cut file, I still have a few more I want to use!  But since I am scrapping this photo of my youngest son, I decided on the phrase Let's Stay Wild...since he is my wild child.



I started by cutting the title out on a leaf print paper with gold foiling from the Crate Paper Wild Heart collection.  Since the paper was 6x8, that dictated the size I would cut my title.  I sized the width at 5.5".



After what seemed like hours fussing with the placement of my title, I decided on the lower left corner of my page.  But decided I wanted it to say "Stay Wild" instead of "Let's Stay Wild".



I added some foam behind all of my letters to give it some dimension.  I also added a heart from the Wild Heart sticker sheet on top of the heart in the Y, and stapled it to give it some additional texture.



I positioned my photo in the upper right corner of my page and added a ton of layers, including foam for dimension.



To finish off my page, I used the gold foil specialty paper from Wild Heart to add a border to the right side of my page.  I stitched along it with gold thread.  And added some gold Heidi Swapp color shine.  You can never have enough gold, right?



Thanks for stopping by!

xo,

Kira 

No comments:

Post a Comment