Friday, May 25, 2018

Espresso Yourself ~ Cards In 2 Ways | Helen Gullett

Hello everyone... Helen is here and today I have 2 cards that I created using the Espresso Yourself Cutting File, one of the new cutting files from The Cut Shoppe that just released last week.


On these cards, I am using both positive and negative cuts. This way, you can use to make 2 cards with just 1 cutting file. 

On my cut out, I modified the Espresso Yourself cutting file a little bit. Instead of the steamy heart image, I replaced it with one of the mugs from the Cuppa Joe cutting file


On this first card, I added the words on dark brown/white polkadots paper with dries-clear adhesive glue. After that I fussy cut the extra paper off the words.

I added some shadow on the words using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and foam applicator. After that I added on the card with 3D foam tape for extra dimension to them. I love how those words turned out, they look like chipboard words. On the background, I added a softer look patterned paper. 


On this second card, I added the cut out panel on a light brown/white polkadots patterned paper with dries clear adhesive glue and then I added the whole panel on a white card. 

Using digital cutting files, it quick and easy way to create handmade cards.



If you are coffee/tea/cocoa lovers, you are invited to join this fun Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and Link Up Party this week. You can link up any of your Coffee/Tea/Cocoa Spring and Summer theme projects until June 1. There are many prizes to win! Check out more details at Coffee Loving Cardmaking Blog.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Hope you all have a fabulous caffeinated day!


20 comments:

  1. What a cool sentiment! Love the browns too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so neat!!! You are rocking the cards today!! Thanks for all you do to put this on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are so fun! Great that you used both parts of the die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and super creative. Thanks for sharing your talents in the coffee hop.
    Karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my, I LOVE these!!!! What fun designs Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome coffee design. You certainly are an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful! Brilliant design ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative to make 2 cards with the cuts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards look great with you.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are SO cool! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! Such a creative way to add a sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sentiment and papers you chose, great use of negative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Both these cards are too cool! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you've cleverly used all the pieces you cut. I don't have a cutting machine, but when I get one I'll be all up in your site. This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete