Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Splash | Kelly Janes

Hey there friends! Kelly here with you today to share a new summer themed layout using the Make a Splash Cut File!



I cut the title, Splash, on a sheet of white cardstock that I had colored using a couple different Shimmerz Sprays & Distress Oxide Inks. I then adhered the title to another piece of white cardstock that I had painted light blue using a brayer. I also hand stitched around the title for a little more visual interest and texture. 


I had originally planned to use the painted cardstock as my background, but I just couldn't get the design to flow. So I decided to switch up the design, and cut a large sun from the Make a Splash Cut File on a piece of yellow/orange patterned paper. I adhered the sun to another sheet of white cardstock, tore the painted cardstock with the word Splash, and adhered that painted cardstock on top of the sun.


I then embellished the layout with a few summer themed stickers and die cuts from Amy Tangerine and called the layout complete!

Now you can take a look at my process video to see how this layout came together.



Thanks so much for spending part of your day with me, and don't forget to head to The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store to check out all of the cut files!



No comments:

Post a Comment