Sunday, May 20, 2018

Counting Stars Layout | Elsie Robinson

Hey crafty friends - it's Elsie here! I have a bit of a different layout to share with you today, as I was inspired by the Counting Stars cut file to create an 8.5x11 sized layout, rather than my go-to 12x12 size!


Although this cut file could easily be copied and pasted to work on a 12x12 page, I really love how the stars are arranged in a vertical cluster, so I decided to give the 8.5x11 layout a try. And I am so pleased with the results, this is definitely something I will be doing again!


I cut the cut file from some 12x12 white cardstock as I wanted it to be a little bigger than my 8.5x11 layout, so the stars would stretch right to the edges of the page.


I backed each star with a patterned paper from the Dear Lizzy Stargazer collection, and I even used strips of navy washi with copper accents to back some of the stars for an extra bit of shimmer!


Of course I couldn't resist doing some stitching, and I hand-stitched around all of the stars with some white thread. Once that was all done, I popped the cut file up on some foam and went a little OTT with the embellishing! But I was having way too much fun and didn't want to stop adding pretty things... I'm sure we've all been there, right?! ;)

Thanks for joining me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment