Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Wowza! Layout with Neftali

Welcome everyone! It's Neftali back again sharing a 12x12 layout with you. This month I started off by choosing the Shooting Star cut file, that was listed on the shop at the end of March this year. This cut file is gorgeous as a background, take a look:

 I found these stars would be perfect to use with a layout of my son. I figured the stars are a perfect choice for boys at any time. 

Before I picked my photograph, I created a base on my white 12x12 card stock using some mists and the "packaging technique". It was super simple and all I did was make sure most of the center of my page was covered, leaving my edges clean. I used a blue shimmer and mossy green mist. I then decided to stitch across my page in different angles to create long crossing textured lines, to give some texture across my entire page. 
I always love my texture, and this is one of the most subtle perfect way to add some. 

Here is what it looked like before my photo:

And, here it is all done!!

I picked a hilarious photo of my son pumping iron (ha ha) because this cut file made me think "rock-star" when I paired them both together! 
As you can see, the embellishing pieces I used paired well with the colors of the layers I added to my stars. 
Here are some closeups for you guys to enjoy:

To add details to the starts on the cut file I re cut the file with two different patterned papers to add layers on tops of all the solid stars. Some starts I misted with a silver mist.

Some of the outlined stars had gray enamel stars in them! Others had the textured background showing through. 

As for my supplies, I used the Crate Paper Cool Kid collection and the Good Vibes puffy Thickers for my title, Wowza! 

"Getting ready to be two" was my hilarious insta post this day, ha!

That's it for today! I have more to share this month, I can't wait to be back. I hope I have inspired you to work an awesome background for these beautiful stars file. 

See you next time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment