Wednesday, May 16, 2018

'Leaf It To Me' Layout | Elsie Robinson

Hey TCS fans, it's Elsie here again! For today's post I had a very simple idea to create a border of leaves on a layout, which was inspired by all of the flowers in the Maggie Holmes Flourish collection.


To create this, I chose the three leaf cluster from the Leaf It To Me cut file set and separated each leaf with the knife tool in my Silhouette software. I then cut the leaves from white cardstock and backed each of them with a different patterned paper.


Since the leaves are such simple shapes, they didn't take long to back with the patterned papers. So in no time I was left with a very colourful pile of leaves!


I arranged them in a rainbow border around the edge of my 12x12 paper, and adhered them with some foam to create some dimension. I also made sure that the leaves overlapped each other to create a much more full and substantial looking frame!


This kind of design is perfect for using large photos. I only have a standard-sized printer, so I printed my photo onto some A4 paper, which luckily fit inside my leaf border. I also printed the photo in black and white, which contrasts nicely with the colourful cut files and makes them stand out even more!


I love the Leaf It To Me cut files, because it's such a versatile set to have in your libraries and it can be used all year round. So I hope you're inspired to use it on your next projects!


No comments:

Post a Comment