Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Hello Awesome Baby


Hello all!

I am beyond excited to have my first layout for The Cut Shoppe!   I have been a fan of Ashley's designs since the day i purchase the Let's Cut Class (to learn how to use my Cameo);  from then to now being in the design team (with all these amazing ladies) has been a blessing.  Thank you Ashley!





For this first layout, I wanted to document this little angel (I am lucky to babysit him once in a while!);  so I chose to use two cutfiles to create my background,  Around & Around  and Boys Rule.  I welded some of the pieces together, and added pocket shakers on the empty spaces of the scribbled circles  (this is my interpretation of the rattles this sweet baby loves so much).  





The welded background



Next,  I chose the teal background paper from the new Sunny Side Up Digital Collection (I had the entire collection printed to fit a 11x17 in format at Staples -the largest size cardstock they had at hand-).   A large border of Crate Paper's Bloom Collection (Delighted) was machine stitched to frame the layout.  Next I added the picture, and  formed clusters around it with some cut-outs from the Sunny Side Up collection, MAMBI's Soft Spoken series chipboard stickers, and Heidi Swapp's MInc Icon collection.





The Sunny Side Up collection was perfect to document this day



The title was created using the Open Letter Alpha cut file (a personal favorite).  I used foiled vellum (Hello Love from Crate Paper's Hello Love collection, and paper 02 from MME's Necessities collection) to back the words, as they matched the color of the sequin in the shaker pockets.






Here is the final layout after a few more details were added...





I am super excited to have shared this layout with you.  Leave me a comment if you have any questions about the layout.  

Don't forget to check the store THE CUT SHOPPE to find all these cut files, and many more (they are truly beautiful designs)


Till next time,  Happy Craftin'!









3 comments: