Sunday, July 24, 2016

Meet Cute

Happy Sunday! I hope you're all enjoying your weekend! Kelly here today and I have another layout plus a process video to share with you! I recently came across this photo of my son from 2010 and I absolutely loved his expression so I had to scrapbook it right away!



I started by pulling the Plus Infinity Background Cut File into Cricut Design Space and sliced out individual plus signs to create a random background on a piece of 12x12 patterned paper from the Simple Stories Sunshine & Happiness Collection. I backed the cut file with a patterned paper from Amy Tangerine's Stitched Collection. Before machine stitching those pieces onto the layout I added a little mixed media peeking out from behind the cut file to help bring out the yellow in the layers behind my photo.




I scattered a few of the plus signs that were left over from the Plus Infinity Cut File around the photo and added stitching through them for added texture. I also tossed in a flair button from my stash, a Heidi Swapp chipboard & acrylic piece, and odds & ends from American Crafts. No layout is complete without a little Heidi Swapp Color Shine splatter & enamel dots!


Here's a process video showing how all of this came together!! 



You can check out all of the amazing cut files by visiting The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store! Thanks for stopping by today!!





No comments:

Post a Comment