Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Because I'm Happy

Hello everyone! It's Zinia here and I'm beyond excited to share with you my very first layout as a Design Team member for The Cut Shoppe.

The cut file I'm going to use is called Quick Quotes and it includes some beautiful vertical sayings that are perfect for titles or to simple add some interest to your layout.


 


I cut one of the quotes out of a beautiful paper from the Cocoa Vanilla Free Spirit collection. I chose a subtle pattern so that you can easily read the words. 



To create an interesting base for my layout I used the packaging technique to add some mists on a piece of white cardstock. I placed my title on the right side of the page and then I created a grid using some cut apart pieces again from the Free spirit collection.


I layered a few pieces of paper to make my grid a bit more interesting and I also added a little bit of white thread for texture. Most of my embellishments are from the same collection including the buttons, ephemera and wood venner but I also added some enamel dots and washi tape from my stash.


I cut and misted some butterflies with the I'll Fly Away cut file but in the end I only used one of them on my layout. If you are curious you can see the pieces that didn't make it to the final layout in the process video.


I really hope you got inspired to create some beautiful layouts using the beautiful designs from The Cut Shoppe. Thank you for stopping by.




No comments:

Post a Comment