Friday, July 29, 2016

Sweet.

Hello there, friends! Enza here today to share a new layout featuring one of my favorite cut files ever. It is called Spinwheels. I love how versatile and fun the design is!




This is a picture of my little one. She is two and, for sure, full of personality. My idea was to create a soft and dreamy, yet colorful page. The cut file, as well as the patterned papers I picked, made it easy to achieve the look I had in mind. I found this Heidi Swapp paper pad at my local Michaels in the Marquee letter section of the store. I knew that was meant to decorate the letters, but it was too beautiful to pass up. It is very thin paper, so hard to use on its own, but perfect to back up cut files.

I opened the cut file in my Cameo and removed some of the pinwheels from the center, in order to create a diagonal design. Then, I isolated one of the shapes and outlined it with the offset option. I duplicated it several times, modifying the size. I wanted to give some movement and different textures to the layout. That is also why I used foam dots under the pinwheels and stitched around them.


Some mixed media, fussy cut flowers, and rub-ons from the Amy Tangerine Better together collection finished the layout.




I hope you felt inspired and will give the Spinwheels cut file a try. This and a lot more fun designs can be found in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store.

Thank you for stopping by.

Have a great day!








9 comments:

  1. Love everything about this beautiful layout, esp. the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning layout! So creative how you used that cut file!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning layout! So creative how you used that cut file!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the combination of backing the cut file and using the stitched shapes. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete