Friday, July 1, 2016

Rock&Roll

Hey there scrappy friends,

Zsoka here with you today with my first layout for The Cut Shoppe! I am so honored to be here! If you know my work, you know that I use cut files in some form on about 98% of my layouts and I've been using The Cut Shoppe cut files pretty much since I started to scrapbook last year!

I never plan out my layouts, I usually don't know where I'm going with them when I start. Generally I open up Silhouette Studio, look at my cut files and see what inspires me at that moment. I more often than not have no idea what photo I will scrap at this point. Sometimes I just feel like doing some hand stitching. Again, no particular plans on my mind what they will be turned into. With my first layout this is what happened. I wanted to do some hand stitching and for some reason the Make A Splash cut file jumped out at me. I think I haven't used it before! I chose the sun and cut three different sizes from different papers from Paige Evans' Fancy Free line for Pink Paislee. 


Because this was going to be quite a lot of stitching, I used the perforate tool (after adding an internal offset to my design) to score the paper. This was the first time I did this and I will be honest, I was quite disappointed with the results! When I use my paper piercer my stitching looks much nicer, granted, it also takes much longer! 


 
Once I was done, I layered my suns on my pink background paper, stitched down the biggest one, then added some foam in between the layers to add some dimension. Then I was looking at the layout for hours wondering what was wrong with it... I just didn't like something but I could not put my finger on what exactly...Then I took a deep breath and cut around the stitching, removing my background paper. Yes I wasted a sheet of Fancy Free paper! While cutting through under my biggest sun, I accidentally tore the paper in a couple of places...I wasn't going to redo it that's for sure :). So how to cover up those spots?! I wrapped some embroidery floss around them...I think it actually looks nice! Happy accidents :).



I then went through my other FF papers and found one I did some mixed media work on but never used because I didn't like it for what I intended to use it. And it was perfect!!! I really liked that there's just a bit of mixed media peeking out from under the sun. I don't know about you but I love when I find something in my stash that has been there forever and finally I find a use for it!


To finish it off I added my title and some embellishments: chipboards, tags, puffy stickers and buttons. Done!

I hope you like my first project for The Cut Shoppe! Should you have any questions, just ask in the comments! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day! X






No comments:

Post a Comment