Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Our Last Walk

Hi Scrappy Friends!! Kelly here today sharing my first layout on the blog! I'm so excited to be here and feel so honored to have been chosen to be part of this incredibly talented team! For my layout I chose my absolute favorite alpha set, the Open Letter Alpha.




I cut the letters in white cardstock and then backed the cut file using a dark charcoal grey cardstock. I positioned the letters following the diagonal line in the Hip Kit Club patterned paper that I chose for my background.



I positioned the photo directly underneath followed by my journaling. Once I had the fundamentals of the design I started embellishing, which is my favorite part of scrapbooking! I added ephemera pieces & puffy stickers from Hip Kit Club, a silver heart from Freckled Fawn, & a generous sprinkling of sequin puffy stickers from Pinkfresh Studio.


I've put together a YouTube process video showing how this layout came together! Also you may have read during The Cut Shoppe blog hop that I use the Cricut Explore for all of the cut files from The Cut Shoppe. So you'll also find a tutorial included in the process video on how I used the Open Letter Alpha in Design Space!


To my Cricut friends out there, please let me know in the comments below if there is a technique you want to learn in Design Space using the cut files! I'll try to incorporate it into my upcoming projects!! Thanks for stopping by!!






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for another great video using the cricut. Do you ever think of using the canvas feature to represent your scrapbook page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jana! Yes, that is most definitely an option, but I prefer to enter the square. It's just a personal preference and requires almost just as many clicks on the screen so I don't find using the canvas to be big a time saver. I also like having the 12x12 square positioned directly at the top of the page versus having it positioned 1" down from the top of the screen. It is a great option though and works just as well!! Thanks for commenting & asking!! :) I always appreciate feedback and hearing how others use Design Space!

      Delete