Saturday, July 16, 2016

Happy Memories

Hi Everyone! It's Michelle here today with my second share for The Cut Shoppe this month. And gosh is it my favourite so far!

I've chosen 2 cut files for this layout and a super cute photo of Leila on her first birthday. 

I love making a statement with cut files on a large scale, so for this layout Ive selected one of the half circles from the Sassy Circles 12x12 design and increased its size to almost a full 11x11 circle, then cut it out. I've also used the NEW Hello Hearts file by duplicating and welding together to create a larger strip piece. This made it perfect for layering between the half heart circle and pattern paper.


After adding the extra layers of pattern paper, the other cut file pieces and sewing around the edge a few times, I decided to go one step further by cutting it out of the page completely. This enabled me to pop it up off the page with some fun foam and gave it more dimension.

Heres some close ups.. 

I replicated the circular shapes top and bottom of the large shape, to form a diagonal line across the page. I find this helps to draw the eyes attention to the main focal point of the page, but then again the massive cut file helps with that too LOL

I've given the title a light covering of glitter using a clear Wink of Stella glitter brush rather than leaving it plain or colouring it. Who doesn't love a hint of sparkle? 

I always try to add some form of journalling on my layouts, lately I've been doing so with my trusty old typewriter. I really do like using my own handwriting, by theres something about the clean, crisp look of typed writing.

Loving the hearts cut file! And that cute little face..

And one last close up of the bottom cluster. All papers and embellishments are from a Hip Kit that I've been holding onto for a little while. The colours and designs are so bright and happy!

Thanks so much for stoping by today, Be sure to check out the Shop for all the new cut file designs released this week!

Until next time, Happy Scrapping x



No comments:

Post a Comment