Thursday, January 5, 2017

NEW CUT FILES | #Happy Adventure

Hi everyone!  I'm here today to share my first post of 2017!  Our first set of cut files for 2017 have been added to the shop and I decided to work with the Flower Delivery set.  It's not spring yet, but I say it's okay to use flowers any time of the year!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/503084539/the-flower-delivery-cut-file-includes-10?ref=shop_home_active_3

I knew I wanted to use the first flower in the set, and pair it with the Pink Paislee Fancy Free collection by Paige Evans.  The colors in the collection are perfect for floral designs.  I created several different sized flowers in Silhouette Studio and cut them from a mix of patterned papers in the collection.


Before adding the flowers to the background paper, I added some messy machine stitching around each one.  Stitching the flowers before adding them to the background, gives them a bit more dimension on the layout.  Once I had them placed and adhered on the layout, I used the cute buttons from the Fancy Free collection in the center of each of the flowers.

  
I finished the layout with the Paige Thickers and a couple of the chipboard pieces placed around the photo.  This photo was taken at the fair this past September, while Emma was riding the carousel.  I loved that the colors in the collection coordinated so well with the photo. 

If you're checking out the Flower Delivery cut file set in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store, make sure you take a look at our other new sets, that are now available

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe
  
https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment