Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Holiday Favorites

Hello friends!  Candace back with you today to share a new project using the beautiful Stained Glass cut file.  While last week I used just one circle in the file, this week I decided to use the file as a full background for my project.  


I love the look of white on white especially when it comes to cut files.  I love that it adds texture and dimension to a project without adding too much distraction.

For my project I adhered the cut file down to the center of my travelers notebook leaving the sides of the cut file free.


I added a few tags and journaling cards to the right side of my layout underneath my cute family's Christmas photo booth picture.


On the left side of the spread I added a journaling card with a few notes about our family's holiday favorites.


I added just a few details around the page like the puffy stickers, acrylic pieces and labels.  By adding small embellishments around the spread it helps to balance the colors and designs.  


I love the added detail and interest the background file adds to the spread.  Give this a try on your next spread and make sure to share it with us!  

Have you heard that it is even easier to play all along with our monthly Cut it Out Challenge? 


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment