Saturday, January 14, 2017

Winter Memories

Hey crafty friends!! Kelly here to share a new winter themed layout using the Zig-Zagged Background Cut File & Snow Day Background Cut File from The Cut Shoppe.


I wanted to create a layout using a few papers from the Simple Stories Snow Fun Collection that came in a warehouse box that I purchased last year. I didn't have any of the matching ephemera and didn't have a lot in my stash that coordinated with the colors in this collection. So I needed to find a way to create my own ephemera using just the few pattern papers that I had from this collection.


I used the Snow Day Cut File to cut multiple sized snowflakes on silver glitter cardstock. If you are a Cricut Explore user (like me) then you can use a custom setting with your machine to get clean, smooth cuts on thicker cardstock like the glitter paper I used. You can find more info on this setting in my process video posted below.


I wanted to add another layer and pop of color behind the vertical strips of paper so I used the Zig-Zagged Cut File to cut a couple chevrons. Cut files are intended to be used in a variety of ways and here is a perfect example of how background cut files can be used as more than just a background! I also LOVE that I can use cut files to create my own embellishments to help make a layout feel complete.




I've put together a YouTube process video that shows how this layout came together. It also includes a Cricut Design Space tutorial!



Thanks so much for joining me today! Remember to head to The Cut Shoppe and check out the all the cut files!


No comments:

Post a Comment