Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Carnival Fun

Hi friends! Mandy here with you today to share my newest layout that I created using cut files from The Cut Shoppe!


I've documented a couple of photos from when we took the kids to a local carnival recently. My parents joined us too, and we had so much fun going on some rides and eating ice cream cones!

I wanted the layout to have a carefree and fun feel to it to match the photos, and the Out of Line Alpha cut file set was just perfect for this...

The Out of Line Alpha is an alphabet cut file set, that can be used on your scrapbooking and papercrafting projects.

I created the title for my layout using one of the patterned papers from the Paige Evans Take me Away collection and this cut file set. I backed the letters with a spotty patterned paper and  then added some foam tape underneath to give them some extra height and dimension. I completed my title with the word 'fun', which is a foam Thicker from the Take me Away collection.


Here you can see a closeup of how I embellished the top photo. How perfect is that chipboard horse for this layout?! The felt star that I layered underneath the horse is from Charms Creations, and the wood veneer scallop circle is another piece from the Take me Away collection.


The ice cream embellishment that I added to the right of the bottom photo is actually a sew on motif that I picked up from a kids clothing store recently. I'm always on the lookout for things that I can use on my layouts, and this worked perfectly on this page! I popped a flair button on top of the ice cream, and then tucked a colored wood veneer circle from the Take me Away collection underneath.


I finished the layout off by hand-writing my journaling straight onto the page, and then adding a sprinkling of star sequins.

Thanks so much for joining me on the blog today! Make sure you pop on over to the store to check out this super fun cut file!



1 comment: